Welcome to the Global PyTorch Summer Hackathon! #PTSH19
PyTorch is an open source machine learning framework that is used by both researchers and developers to build, train, and deploy ML systems that solve many different complex challenges. The PyTorch team invites you to hack with the PyTorch community to build innovative, impactful models, applications and other projects that create positive impact for businesses or people.
PyTorch is continually evolving to make it easier and faster for researchers to go from research exploration to production deployment. Some of the PyTorch capabilities and tools you can work with for the hackathon include:
- Scalable distributed training and optimized performance
- PyTorch JIT / TorchScript for transitioning models from research to production
- A robust set of domain libraries and tools to accelerate development:
- Computer Vision - torchvision
- Natural Language Processing - torchtext
- Speech Recognition and Audio Analysis - torchaudio
- Pre-trained models on PyTorch Hub (Beta)
Developers will have the opportunity to win over $60,000 in cash prizes and more. First-place winners will also receive round-trip airfare to attend the PyTorch Developer Conference, and have their projects featured in the event.
For technical questions, visit the PyTorch forum.
Participants must read the Global PyTorch Summer Hackathon Official Rules thoroughly to ensure they are eligible to participate in the hackathon before getting started.
Main Requirement: Build a creative and well-implemented solution using PyTorch that can create a positive impact on businesses or people. The solution can be a machine learning model, an application, or a creative project such as art or music built with PyTorch.
All solutions along with the required assets below must be submitted by 5:00PM EDT on September 16.
Submit the following assets:
- Demo video. (hosted on YouTube, Facebook Video, Vimeo, or Youku). Your video should be around 1-3 minutes (can be a little longer if needed), include a demo of your working application via a step-by-step visual demo, and be available in English. Be sure to explain how PyTorch was used to build your application!
- Images. Please submit at least one image/screenshot of your application.
- Access. Provide a link to your publicly accessible code repository on GitHub or Bitbucket.
The PyTorch Team
Quality of Idea
Includes creativity and originality of the idea.
Implementation of the Idea
Includes how well the idea was executed by the developer.
Includes the potential positive impact of the application, such as bettering the lives of people or the environment, or accelerating business or research outcomes.
- Machine Learning/ AI